1.07.2015

I Resolve To...Wear More Color!

I didn't make any serious resolutions for 2015, but I've been thinking about my style evolution and the direction I want to take it in the coming year.

In 2014, I feel like I really solidified my sartorial point of view, so 2015 is all about taking this vision to the next level.

Camisole:  The Limited (Available here)
Pants:  The Limited (Similar here and here)
In that vein, I thought it would be fun to come up with some style resolutions and share them with you.

The first of my resolutions is to wear more color.

Blazer:  The Limited (Similar here)
Boots:  Fergalicious by Fergie
Don't get me confused...black is an always will be the chicest, easiest, and hands-down best color to wear. In recognizing my fashion preferences, I have come to realize that I greatly prefer neutrals, especially black.  I generally find them to be chicer, more sophisticated, and more expensive looking.

BUT, I'm finding that mixing in more non-black neutrals and pops of color into my wardrobe creates a more nuanced look that feels much more interesting.  Other neutrals can be just as flattering as black, if not more so.  Color, if done well, can be just as chic as black.  It's also a surefire mood booster!
Clutch:  The Limited
Cuff:  Express
Earrings:  The Limited
I probably won't typically be wearing as much color as I am today.  It's a little too colorful for my more conservative workplace and I don't have many other places to wear a look like this, but it's fun to go bold with color every now and then.
Are you a fan of wearing color, or do you tend to opt mostly for neutrals?

For these pants in another look, see here.
For this blazer in other looks, see here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.

1 comment:

  1. You are speaking my language. I just adore this outfit. I love the bright blue! And that top is gorgeous.

    Janeane
    http://www.designingfrommycloset.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!