2.03.2013

Gaga for Lady Gaga

Coated denim jeans:  Target (Available here)
Top:  The Limited (old)
Happy Sunday, everyone!  Hope you're all having a great day!!!

Last night's Lady Gaga concert was ahhhh-maaaaaaaa-zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing!!!!!  I had so much fun and am so in love with her artistry and her messages of individualism, self-acceptance, and tolerance.

I knew I wanted a wild look that was very different than my day-to-day.  While I didn't want to get too extreme with my clothes, I loved the idea of going all out with my hair and make-up.

Earring (left ear):  Express
Feather earring (right ear):  Claire's (Available here)
Crystals:  Hot Topic
My sister's a hair dresser and helped me create this fun mohawk with a slight pompadour front.  

I did my own make-up, playing around with the idea of a futuristic hybridization of cultures with the bindhi and Kabuki-inspired lip.

Thank you to everyone who voted for my concert outfit.  

Unfortunately, I didn't get a ton of votes for what to wear, so I went with the votes that I got, but made some changes based on my needs for the night.


Look #1 was the unanimous winner:
Jacket/cardigan:  Converse One Star for Target
Top:  The Limited (Available here)
Blazer:  New York & Company (Similar here)
Purse:  The Limited (old)
Shoes:  Payless
Necklace:  eBay (Similar here)
Bracelets:  Torrid, The Limited (Similar here)
It was cold outside, but I didn't want to deal with a coat at the concert, so I decided to swap the cardigan for the blazer from Look #3 for a little more coverage and warmth.  I also opted for an assymetrical sequin top as I preferred the scoopneck of the tank with the blazer.

As much as this overall look was forged out of the desire to play dress-up, I have always loved mohawk-styled looks on women and have always wanted to try it.  This look is as much "me" as any other.  Having so much fun with this look inspires me to try out an edgier cut/style with my hair.


Would you ever try out a mohawk?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!