10.15.2013

St. Louis Fashion Week Presents Industry Night!

 Sorry I've been absent for a bit.  I was having internet issues, but I'm back now!!

Tonight, my coverage of St. Louis Fashion Week continues!  The last major fashion show of the week was Industry Night, featuring local and national designers.

Wai Ming
Local designer Wai Ming started the show featuring wearable, tailored clothes with interesting colorblocking, mixed media, and fabric manipulation.

Laura Kathleen
Then, one of my favorites, St. Louisan Laura Kathleen, of Project Runway fame, featured a gorgeous, feminine collection that left me longing for this trench, the khaki dress, and pretty much everything else.

Jennifer Chun 
Jennifer Chun showed a sporty collection that had a little bit of a 1920s tennis vibe...I could just imagine a modern-day Daisy Gatsby wearing these pieces.  While I really enjoyed this collection, I especially loved the look worn by the designer (bottom right)!!
Samantha Pleet
Samantha Pleet, whose looks have been sold by Anthropologie, showed pretty clothes that made me long for vacation.  Many of her models walked the runway barefoot, and all of the models had an easy,carefree vibe that made me smile.  The rainbow dress (second row, right) was definitely my favorite out of the collection. 

Eva Franco
Last, but certainly not least, Eva Franco showed a whimsical and quirky collection complete with fun prints, umbrellas, wigs, and lots of smiles and waves from the models.  How adorable is that sunglasses print dress?

You can find Eva Franco at Mod Cloth, among other places.

All in all, I was pleasantly surprised by the offerings of both the national and local designers.

As I wrap up my St. Louis Fashion Week coverage with my next post, I just want to take a moment to give a shout out to St. Louis, Alive Magazine, and all the designers, bloggers and others who participated in Fashion Week.  I feel so fortunate to have been afforded the opportunity to participate as a blogger, and I had a great time meeting new people and soaking in all of the gorgeous fashion.  We are one fashion-forward city and know how to put on an amazing week of style!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!