5.17.2015

Garden Party

I mentioned in yesterday's post that I have had a tendency lately of opting for clothes that aren't readily suitable for work.
Dress:  ASOS (Available here)
Such is the case with today's dress.

I've always loved slip dresses. I spent a good part of the 90s in a couple of my favorite slip dresses. This one actually looks like a vintage slip but also has some on-trend details like blue and yellow (two big color trends for spring) and white lace/sheer details.  It was instant love when I saw it online.  The clearance price totally sweetened the deal!

Booties:  Target
Clutch:  The Limited
Bracelet:  Paperdolls Boutique
When I got the dress and tried it on, I wasn't so sure.  Did it look too much like a pretty night gown? Was it vintage cool or simply old-fashioned?
I am trying very hard to be more thoughtful with my purchases, so I spent some time mulling it over. In the end, I decided it was  a keeper.  My apprehension was simply that it was different than something I would normally choose.  In the end, the fact that I don't have anything else like it in my closet was actually a major draw.
Earrings:  The Limited
I will be wearing this for date nights, fashion events, and the like.  I'll definitely be paring it with my cobalt moto jacket. And should I ever get invited to a garden party, I would wear it to that too! Ha, ha!

As for today's photos, the weather wasn't being very cooperative - it was pouring down rain during most of these pics.  That said, the breeze was amazing.  Have I said how much I love spring?  :-)
Would you wear a slip dress?  How would you style a piece like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!