5.22.2015

Skirt Week 2: Creative Draping

I love pieces for work that are comfortable but that also have a lot of polish.  I find myself reaching more and more for knits and drapey fits.
Skirt:  New York & Company (Available here)
This scuba knit pencil skirt and lightweight drapey sweater from New York & Company are super comfortable.  I added in a loose fit top with architectural pleats for a color and a bit of polish.
Sweater:  New York & Company (Available here)
Blouse:  Target (Available here)
This sweater is the perfect weight for spring - it works well for air-conditioned offices without being too warm once I head outside of the office.

I do plan on getting the skirt taken in a bit more.  Since it's a stretchy knit, I want a super pencil-y fit through the hips and legs!

Tote:  Target (Available here)
I finished the look off with a fringe necklace and my floral lace-up heels.  I had actually planned on wearing the shoes from this look, but they were really old and when is started to put them on, I realized one of straps across the top had come apart from the shoe! :-(
Shoes:  Prabal Gurung for Target
I have very small but wide and thick feet.  It's always so hard for me to find new shoes that I just hate when I have to retire a favorite pair.
Necklace:  Target
Cuff:  The Limited
Do you have a difficult time finding shoes that fit? How do you maintain your work style while keeping comfort in mind?

For the top in another look, see here.
For the sweater in another look, see here.

To catch up with the other posts from Skirt Week 2, see here:
Golden Mix
All White Everything
50s Flair

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!