4.22.2016

Spring Double Feature: Bolder Shoulder

I hope you have been enjoying my series with Irene of Petite Plus, Meow! on some of spring's biggest trends.  You have seen our takes on wearing white, florals, and stripes, and citron chartreuse, but we're not done yet!Today, we finish off our Spring Double Feature by baring a little shoulder and showing off those sexy clavicles with the off-the-shoulder trend that is everywhere this spring.
Top:  Target (Available here)
I decided to take this trend in a super casual direction, pairing an off-the-shoulder tunic with these comfy shorts from the new Marimekko for Target collection. 
Shorts:  Marimekko for Target (Available here)
The shorts feature Marimekko's citrusy Appelsiini print, a lovely graphic summery print. These shorts are available in both straight and plus sizes - for reference, I'm wearing a straight size large.  The top is also from Target.  It's a junior's size top, and runs big.  I'm wearing an XL. 
Wedges:  Sugar
I added wedge sandals to add a little height while allowing me to stay comfortable.  A straw hat and clutch, both oldies but goodies from Target, complete the look.
Clutch:  Target
I'm really digging the relaxed vibe of this outfit and the fact that both pieces are such airy, cool cotton.  They will be perfect for summertime.  The hubby and I have been discussing the possibility of another beach trip with the kids this summer, and these pieces will definitely be in my suitcase!

The top is super sheer, so you will need to pair with a tank or use as a cover-up for a bikini top as I did here.
Hat:  Target
I love my casual look, but I'm also digging the super sexy tropical floral dress that Irene is rocking three different ways.  Head to Petite Plus, Meow! to get all the details on her look and don't forget to follow her on social media - you can find her Facebook page here and Instagram here.
Irene of Petite Plus, Meow!
Sunglasses:  Tory Burch
Are you a fan of the off-the-shoulder trend?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!