4.19.2016

Spring Double Feature: Fetching Florals

Irene of Petite Plus, Meow! and I are back with another installment of our spring trends series, this time rocking some pretty blooms!  Florals aren't very original for spring, but they are actually a really big trend this season.  Since Irene and I both had some new floral pieces in our closet, we decided to go with it.
Skirt:  Who What Wear for Target (Available here)
For today's post, I'm wearing a look from the Who What Wear collaboration for Target.  The skirt is from the straight size line, the tee from the plus line.  For reference, I had the skirt taken in through the hips and the flounce moved up several inches.  I also shortened the flounce of the skirt by two inches.  The tee required no alterations.
Tee:  WhoWhatWear for Target (Available here)
While I looooove flouncy fluted skirts like this one, this outfit is definitely out-of-the-box for me!  Florals may be a regular part of spring fashion, but they actually play a very small part in my wardrobe.  I was attracted to the colors and print on this set though, and I love the black background - I think it's a floral that will work well into the fall! 
Heels:  New Look
Clutch:  ALDO from ASOS (Out of stock on-line; See here)
Sunglasses:  Calvin Klein
Earrings:  Wearing two pairs, Target and Etsy
I fought my urge to throw on a moto jacket with this look and kept things ultra-feminine by adding a bow clutch and strappy heels.  In the fall, I will definitely throw on my favorite black cropped moto jacket and some booties to toughen up these florals.
Ring:  The Limited
Bracelets:  LOFT
Irene is rocking the floral trend with this awesome jumpsuit from Old Navy.  Petite and curvy women can definitely work it in wide leg crops, and Irene proves it with this fab look!  You can see more of her look on her blog here or follow her on Facebook and Instagram.
Irene of Petite Plus, Meow!
What do you think of our interpretations of the floral trend?  Will you be wearing floral prints this spring?
If you missed the start of our series, you can catch our post on wearing white here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!