4.18.2016

Spring Double Feature: Doing White Right

Today, Irene of Petite Plus, Meow! and I are so excited to start a week-long collaborative series featuring our takes on some of spring 2016's biggest trends.
Dress:  Eloquii (Available here)
There are so many "rules" about what petite plus women should wear, but I say wear what you want!  And, Irene and I certainly do just that!!!  Today, we're taking on one of the major colors for spring - white!
Heels:  Candie's
I love wearing white - it's just such a blank slate.  It works just as well as black as a neutral, but even I have to admit that it feels much crisper and cleaner for spring than my perennial favorite black.
Glasses:  Valentino
For my look, I went with a white shirt dress and paired it with white pumps.  A black bow and my phone clutch add just enough contrast.
Clutch:  Torrid
The benefits of being petite?  This shirt dress would be a tunic on anyone taller.  On me, it was the perfect length shirt dress with no alterations on length.  Note - I did have both the shoulders and sleeves taken up.
I can't wait to style this dress in other ways - with a moto jacket, with pants or jeans, and maybe as a swimsuit cover-up.  I think it's going to become a favorite of mine this spring and summer!
Faux fur keychain:  Torrid
While I went with classic black and white, Irene added red accents to a fun and flirty off-the-shoulder dress. You can catch more of her look at Petite Plus, Meow! or head to her Facebook page.
Irene of Petite Plus, Meow!
What do you think of our take on white?  Are you a fan of this color trend?
Stay tuned for tomorrow's post when we take on the floral trend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!