4.20.2016

Spring Double Feature: Stripe Storm

How have you been enjoying my collab with Irene of Petite Plus, Meow!?  So far, we've interpreted the white and floral trends, and today, we are back to talk about stripes, baby!!
Skirt:  Eloquii (Available here)
Today's outfit is one of my favorites of the week.  In addition to florals, stripes are one of the big pattern trends for spring.  I just love the color combination and fit on this midi skirt and the fact that it has pockets!!!

Initially, I had planned to pair this skirt with the matching off-shoulder top from Eloquii.  Unfortunately, I looked like a flamenco-dancing clown!  The top was perfectly lovely on the model, but some things just don't work for busty petites, and that top was one of them.  :-(

Top:  ASOS Curve
Instead, I paired the skirt with my favorite sweetheart neckline crop top.  The straps are a tad long, so I was able to create an off-the-shoulder look with it, and I loved the letting the sleeves loosely drape on and off the shoulder. 
Shoes:  Christian Siriano for Payless
I added ikat print heels for a mixed print look and added my lipstick clutch for a slightly quirky take.
Clutch:  Torrid
Sunglasses:  Tory Burch
Irene plays in a preppy striped dress, giving it a bit of a 70s boho vibe with the addition of a suede fringe vest.  Head over to her blog to see more of her look and to get all the outfit details.  You can also follow Irene on Instagram and Facebook to see what else she has going on!
Irene of Petite Plus, Meow!
While stripes are a common print, this spring, they are literally everywhere and in tons of various fabrications.  Stripes are so easy to wear and can be a very versatile print in one's wardrobe.  I am trying to branch out into wearing more prints, and stripes are an easy and stylish way to go about it!
What about you?  Will you be partaking in the stripes trend?

Catch up with Irene's and my Spring Double Feature series with Doing White Right and Fetching Florals.

For the top in other looks, see here, here, here, here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!