5.21.2015

Skirt Week 2: 50s Flair

Skirt Week continues tonight with my laser cut midi skirt.
Skirt:  Eloquii (Available here)
The first time I wore this skirt I mentioned that I was thinking about hemming it to more of a true midi length.  My tailor did a fabulous job in making this skirt feel like it was made for me.
Blouse:  The Limited (Available here)
Sandals:  Payless (old)
Clutch:  The Limited
For work recently, I decided to style this skirt with a retro vibe, playing up the classic 50s shape.  I paired the skirt with a button down-top and low-heeled black sandals.  The yellow clutch adds a pop of color and a slightly more modern vibe.
Glasses:  Valentino
Earrings:  Etsy, Francesca's
Ring:  Francesca's
The lace print glasses have a bit of a cat eye shape which worked well with the retro feel of the look. The lace print on the glasses also perfectly complemented the skirt.
I really like how the shape of fuller midi skirts like this work with my shape.  This retro style definitely works well with curves.  Since my upper half is larger than my bottom half, the fuller skirt also helps balance me out. 

All that said, this is a style that I prefer to only wear on occasion.  I felt pretty in this outfit, but I generally prefer to style my pieces in a more modern way.  I plan to wear a longer crop top and booties with this skirt next for more of a modern fun and flirty style that feels more "me."

Are you a fan of full midi skirts like this style?
For the skirt in another look, see here.

For the first two looks from Skirt Week 2, see here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!