5.19.2015

Skirt Week 2: Golden Mix

Hope you're all having a great week so far!  Tonight, I'm starting a new series featuring some recent skirt looks.  In the spring and summer, skirts and dresses are really my go-to for clothing.  There's just something about the breeziness of them that makes getting dressed so much better than in the winter time! 

For the first look of Skirt Week 2, I'm featuring my gold maxi skirt.
Skirt:  New York & Company
I really love the idea of mixing unexpected pieces together, such as I did here with the gold skirt and chambray top.

Top:  Torrid
Glasses:  Firmoo.com (Available here)
The skirt is such a statement piece, and my first inclination is to want to dress it up, as I did here.  But, I don't go to a lot of super dressy events or places.  I want to be able to wear this skirt without feeling too over-the-top.



With the intent of styling this skirt for a pool party (spring evenings here are cool, and I believe in dressing for the weather) or other outdoor spring/summer evening event, I decided to pair this pretty pleated number with a chambray shirt. I left most of the buttons unbuttoned and added a few gold necklaces to create more of a relaxed vibe. 
Clutch:  New York & Company
Necklace:  The Limited
The overall effect is a little sultry, a little sophisticated, and not too overdressed.
Bracelet:  Swarovski (Gift)
What do you think?  Would you wear a look like this?  Where would you wear it?

For the skirt in another look, see here.
For this top in another look, see here.
To catch Skirt Week 1 posts, see here, here, here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!