5.01.2015

Blueprint

Suits and architectural shapes...these are two things I really love, and today, my looks include both.
Jacket:  The Limited
The first look is what I actually wore to work yesterday. 

This pleated top from Target was interesting and unique, and I'm always on the lookout for inexpensive tops to layer for work.  I get tired of shirts more quickly than anything else, it seems, so I try to save money on those.

Top:  Target (Available here)
Pants:  The Limited
Booties:  Target (Available here)
For work I paired the top with black skinnies and blazer and my trusty (and super comfortable) booties. 
Necklace:  Target
I added some subtle gold jewelry and a purple satchel for an added pop of color.
Satchel:  Target

As I was getting dressed yesterday morning, I played around with some different jacket options and tried the same pants and top with a long ivory tuxedo blazer.
Blazer:  Eloquii (Available here)
I felt like the proportions definitely worked better with the shorter jacket, but I liked this jacket as an evening option.  The tuxedo jacket made the look feel more formal, which I thought was just right for evening.

I kept the jewelry the same but swapped out the shoes and purse for simple stilettos and a printed clutch.

Heels:  Target
Clutch:  Target
I love how the zippers on the pants play off the zipper on the jacket.
Glasses:  Valentino
For me, a suit of some sort, even if it is simply a mix and match pants/jacket combo, and an interesting top is a simple blueprint for work or evening style. 

I think that sometimes people make style/fashion too complicated.  It can be easy to get too hung up on whether something "goes" or whether something is on trend.  Great style is really all about trusting your gut, dressing without fear, and following simple formulas (or blueprints) that you create.

Which look do you prefer?  Do you have a "blueprint" for dressing for work?

For the pants in other looks, see here, here, and here.
For the black jacket in other looks, see here, here, here, here, here, and here.
For the ivory jacket in another look, see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!