5.11.2015

Art of Work

While most of us have certain dress code or wardrobe restrictions placed on us, I think we can choose to work within those confines in ways that still allow us to dress for ourselves.
Dress:  Eloquii (Available here)
Style your clothing the way that makes you feel fabulous and that meets your needs.  For example, while conservative cuts may be a must for the workplace, don't be afraid to wear bold colors and prints if these styles appeal to you.

I love artsy prints, and I was immediately attracted to the brushstroke print of the dress.  I also loved that the number of colors in this dress would make it easy to style in a variety of ways. 
Jacket:  Eloquii (Available here)
Heels:  Target (old)
For work, I generally like to temper the bolder elements of a look by adding neutrals.  As much as I love wearing black, I adore the crisp look of white in the spring and summer.  I added a white blazer and black heels to ground the look.
Cuff:  The Limited
I don't usually wear a look as I see it styled on-line or in stores, but I have to admit that this outfit was completely copied from Eloquii's LookBook

Even the shoes and cuff are similar. 

The bag and earrings add more of a unique touch and help make the look my own.  I really love how the pop art print tote accents the artsy feel of the dress.

Earrings:  Prabal Gurung for Target
Tote:  Isabel Toledo for Lane Bryant
If you wear bold colors and prints for work, how do you keep them from being too overpowering for the work place?

1 comment:

  1. Bravo on this wonderfully colorful outfit! That's exactly how I keep a crazy print from being too conspicuous! Love, love, love it!!! jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com
    ps...so glad you paired it with the white blazer! Now I need to copy!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!