10.28.2016

Casual Friday: Easy Dress & Moto Jacket

Hello all!!!  I am finally back from a very unexpected and long hiatus.  If I told you all the things that have been going on lately, you probably wouldn't believe me!!  I will talk more about some of these things soon once I have a chance to fully absorb everything myself.
Jacket:  Boohoo Plus
Even though I haven't had much time for blogging, I have really missed you all - I have so much fall fashion I want to share and hope to get some more photos done soon.  Fashion this season has been really amazing, and I have found some great pieces.  In my stress, I have also done way too much shopping.  Bad things for my wallet, but cool things for my wardrobe.  Ha, ha!
Dress:  The Tiny Closet Shop
One of my favorite fall casual looks is an easy dress paired with a moto jacket and comfy booties.  This look isn't about following trends.  While I love playing with trends because they sometimes encourage me out of my box, more and more, I choose clothing based on my visceral reactions.  Do I say "ooh" or "ah" when I first see a garment?  When I try it on, does it feel good?  Is it comfortable?  Does it make me feel how I want to feel in the given moment?  I try (and often fail) to also balance those visceral reactions with an intellectual assessment of my wardrobe needs.  Does this piece serve a place in my wardrobe?  Will I wear it a lot or only on occasion? 

This dress is one of those pieces that fulfills both emotional and practical needs for me.  It will definitely become a weekend warrior in my wardrobe!
Boots:  Target
Clutch:  The Limited (old)
This dress is from a small capsule collection created by blogger Natalie of The Tiny Closet.  I absolutely love her aesthetic - it's  minimalist with an artistic twist.

The Weekender dress that I am wearing here is the perfect navy color, and the v-neck and double thigh slits give this dress such a free and easy feel.
Cuff:  The Limited
Sunglasses:  Tory Burch
It is a little sheer, and I wish it was lined or in a slightly more opaque fabric, but otherwise, this dress really is perfection.  I paired it with a black slip for more coverage, but for an evening out, I would pair with a low-cut body suit to get the full effect of the dress.

Earrings:  Target
As of right now, The Tiny Closet shop only offers sizes XS-XL.  I am wearing an XL here.  Because the fit of the dress is so easy, it could likely accommodate up to a size 20/22.

Do you follow the blog The Tiny Closet?  What factors affect your clothing decisions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!