6.15.2013

Lacy Day

Dress:  LOFT Petites (Available here)
Blazer: LOFT Petites (Available
here)
Hope you're all having a great weekend!

Today's outfit was a recent work look.  I really love this dress.  It's lace with crochet bib-front detail. 

Lately, I have been all about interesting textures and fabric details.  I tend to wear a lot of neutrals, so cool fabrications help keep the pieces from being boring.

As much as I love this dress, this is an overall look that I felt was just an "almost." 

The yellow sandals weren't my favorite with this look.  I didn't think I had any shoes that I would like with this outfit, but later I remembered that I had some canvas wedge espadrilles that would have been perfect.  Next time I wear this dress, I'll remember!
Also, my peach lip color was a little too light for my skin tone, but I love the look of a more nude lip with a smoky eye.  I'll have to do some more experimenting to get the right nude.
Seeing my looks in photographs helps me assess overall styling.  If you're on the fence about whether an outfit or overall look is working, taking a few quick photographs of yourself is definitely a styling tip that I would recommend.

For this jacket in another look, see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!