6.12.2013

A Shorts Story

Over the weekend, we took the kids to our local zoo, and this is what I wore:
Blazer:  LOFT Petites (Available here)
Shorts:  Torrid (Similar here)
The weather was perfect for walking around, and it was so fun watching my five-year-old squeal with delight at seeing all the animals.  :-)
James Dean t-shirt (Torrid here)
Shoes:  Kohl's (kids) (Available here)
Every time I say I'm not a fan of a certain trend or specific look, I find myself giving it a try (or three) and end up liking or even loving it. 

For example, I hated skinny pants and jeans on myself when they first came out and thought that I would never be a fan.  Now, I can't seem to get enough of them!

I've never been a big fan of shorts, no matter my size.  I always think they are riding up and have never found them as flattering as pants or skirts/dresses.
Purse:  Target (Available here)
This spring, I've seen so many cute shorts that I've been more willing to give them a try.  I also always find myself desperately seeking more breezy options come mid-July, and shorts are perfect for casual outdoor activities.  

These denim Bermuda shorts are super easy.  They have just the right amount of distressing, and because they are a longer, more fitted short, I don't get the dreaded ride-up issue.

Bracelets:  Target, Express, The Limited, H&M
I added a James Dean tee and seersucker blazer.  I love how the blazer dresses up the ultra casual jean shorts and tee.

This outfit has a tomboyish feel, but I added feminine details with the rope sandals, v-neck line, and bracelets.

It was perfect for a fun day at the zoo!!

For these shorts in another look, see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!