11.24.2015

Manic Monday: Quiet Statements

I tend towards a more minimalist aesthetic especially when it comes to my work clothes.  I prefer my work clothes to be no-fuss, plus I find that a minimalist look can present as more professional than a lot of embellishment.
Jacket:  Eloquii (Available here)
But, minimalism doesn't have to mean boring, and one of the ways I add interest to my minimalist looks is through interesting shapes and by mixing textures.
Jacket:  Eva Mendes for NY&CO (last year's)
When cooler weather hits, I love a wool jacket.  The looks I'm featuring today are very simple, but these wool jackets, in great cuts or stylish prints, definitely help these looks feel chicer.
Pants:  The Limited (Available here)
The first look includes very basic black skinnies and a camisole, but the cropped ivory/black windowpane jacket in a boxy cut helps add a more unique touch to the look. 
Camisole:  LOFT Petites
Heels:  Target (old)
Burgundy patent leather heels add color and shine to the simple look.
Clutch:  The Limited (old)
I went with a tweed clutch to add more texture.
Ring:  The Limited
Earrings:  etsy & Target (mixed two pairs)
Glasses:  Valentino
For the second look, I went with a knit pencil skirt and boxy faux suede tee in a pretty blue shade.  The capelet-syle jacket adds polish and sophistication to the look.  
Skirt:  NY&CO
Boots:  Sonoma life+style (Available at Kohl's here)
Top:  Eloquii (Available here)
I kept accessories simple and sleek with a silver cuff, bold rings, and textured colorblock clutch.
Rings:  The Limited and Earthbound Trading Company
Clutch:  Target
Cuff:  The Limited
Do you like a minimalist look?  How do you keep these looks interesting?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!