11.27.2015

Saint Louis Fashion Week: My Experience, My Fashion

I hope you all enjoyed my coverage of Saint Louis Fashion Week!  You can catch up with those posts here and here.

Today, I wanted to wrap up by talking a bit about my own personal experience with STLFW, including, of course, what I wore!!

Dress:  eShakti custom
I'm always wowed by the talent during the emerging Designer Competition, and this year was no exception.  I grew up going to St. Louis Union Station to shop, and it makes an amazing venue for a fashion show!

It's always hard for me to decide what to wear to a fashion show - I want to look stylish and wear something that makes me feel great, but I also want to be comfortable, not knowing if I'll be doing a lot of standing or walking.  Since I also had to work the day of this show, I needed something that could transition well from day to evening to minimize what I would have to cart along with me to work.  I love the color and print of this dress, so for the show, I added a boyfriend blazer and quirky clutch.

Blazer:  Eloquii (Available here)
After the show, I enjoyed spending a few moments catching up with some of the other St. Louis area bloggers...even if I do totally look like I'm photobombing here.  Ha, ha!!
From left to right, Carmen of The Ruby Zipper; Julia of Oh, Julia Ann; Psyche of Economy of Style
Photo c/o Alec Wallis
Clutch:  Torrid
Ring:  The Limited
Earrings:  Ixora Boutique
Because of a super busy work schedule, I wasn't able to partake in as many of the events of STLFW that I would have liked, but I was really happy that I got to make it out to the Fantich&Young opening at Projects+Gallery

The show was really impressive, and it's nice to get out and discover new places in St. Louis.  I don't go out much - mostly work and home.  I'm a homebody at heart, but STLFW always pushes me to explore my corner of the world a little more!

Dress:  eShakti custom
Boots:  Betseyville at Target (Available here)
Clutch:  Torrid
For this event, I went with an LBD - a trench style dress in a custom fit from eShakti.  I added velvet platform boots and a perfume bottle clutch as accessories.
Earrings:  The Limited
For the very last night of STLFW, the Wrap Party, we went to St. Louis Ballpark Village.  I wore my lace Boleyn dress from Chubby Cartwheels, styled similarly to how I previously featured it on the blog.  After having a few drinks and enjoying the piano bar at Howl at the Moon, the hubby and I headed over to The Drunken Fish for some dinner.  As I'm not really into sports (I know...downright blasphemous in Cardinals nation), I had never been to Ballpark Village, but I also realized what a fun entertainment complex it could be. 

Hope you enjoyed my coverage of STLFW.  Saint Louis has an impressive and growing fashion scene, and it's exciting to get to share it with you!

Special thanks to the Midwest Influencer Network and Explore Saint Louis for the opportunity to take part in #STLFW as a blogger!!

Don't forget to enter my Firmoo.com giveaway here!  Ends 12/3/15!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!