11.27.2015

Giving Thanks

I hope those of you who celebrate Thanksgiving had a wonderful day!
Sweater:  The Limited (Available here)
I spent the day with my husband and kids, meeting up with my mother for brunch, playing Monopoly, and going to see Creed at a local movie theater (the movie was soooo good, by the way).
Pants:  The Limited (Available here)
Keeping it casual, I paired a sweater poncho with skinny pants and comfortable booties.
Booties:  Target
Camisole:  LOFT Petites
A python clutch and gold and silver jewelry completed the look.
Bracelet:  Ann Taylor
Clutch:  The Limited (Available here)
While I don't follow a lot of traditions (and have some strong philosophical issues with Thanksgiving and the gross misrepresentation of history this holiday represents), I do love the time with my family and am inspired by the idea of gratitude or thanks giving.
Rings:  Ann Taylor
Glasses:  Valentino
It can be so easy to get caught up in the day-to-day stressors of life and the challenges of completing regular tasks that sometimes it takes a reminder to step back and be appreciative. 

I am thankful for many people in my life and for the successes that life has brought me.  I'm even thankful for most of the failures and losses because those disappointments and hurts are so often how we grow and learn.  I am thankful that I got to marry my best friend this year, and I am thankful that even though this year brought some difficult times, that it has also brought great joy.

I am so thankful to those of you who read my blog and support what I'm doing here.  When I started blogging, I never really envisioned what the future would bring.  I never imagined the people who I would connect with nor some of the opportunities blogging has brought.  While my blog was always inspired by my desire to be a voice and visual presence for the petite, for the curvy, for the outsiders to the fashion industry, I have felt the importance of this voice more over the last year.  

My passion for my blog was first and foremost my love of fashion.  Now, all the more, I am grateful for the chance to be a conduit of sorts between fashion  and those of us who are outsiders to this industry for various reasons. 

Thank you for reading my blog!!!

Don't forget to enter my giveaway to win a free eye wear from Firmoo.com!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!