1.25.2016

Nautical Vibes

I just love a black and white color palette, and I can't seem to resist great pieces in my favorite palette when I find them.  Enter this dress and blazer from Eloquii.
Blazer:  Eloquii (Available here)
Dress:  Eloquii (Available here)
This dress is awesome for winter as the crepe material has a little weight to it, but it's also lightweight enough that it will work well into summer.  White dresses can be a little tricky as they are sometimes see-through, but the heavier weight and lining on this one make it less of a concern.
Boots:  New Look (Sold out on-line; see here)
I paired the dress with a nautical-inspired black and white blazer.  I love how the lines on the blazer play against the lines of the dress.
I was worried that all the details on this one were a little overpowering for my petite frame, but with a few adaptations and alterations, the jacket was perfect for me without sacrificing too much of the design.  I shortened the sleeves and removed one of the stripes on the bottom of the sleeve.  I tucked the pocket flaps inside to narrow the white portion on the body of the jacket, but I have the option of wearing them either way.
Now that I have had the sleeves shortened, I realized that the sleeves also need to be narrowed, and I will likely have it taken it in a bit in the torso for a sleeker, more streamlined fit. 
As for the dress itself, my tailor removed (and then re-attached) the sleeves and moved the shoulders of the dress up to get the proper fit in the waist.  The bell sleeves were also narrowed to be more in proportion to my frame.  Lastly, the dress was hemmed to just below the knees.
Purse:  The Limited
I love the graphic feel of the color blocking in this look.  I didn't want to compete with the lines of the outfit, so I kept accessories to a minimum, opting for only small earrings and a faux fur keychain on a faux crocodile satchel.
Keychain:  Torrid
Are you a fan of black and white?  Do you have any easy alterations tips you'd like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!