1.04.2016

New Years' Style Resolutions - How Did I Do in 2015?

Last year, I made a few style resolutions for myself.  Today, I wanted to look back to see how I did!

I Resolve To...Wear More Color!
I really love wearing black and neutrals in general, but wearing color can make me feel really good, and color projects confidence and personality in a way that neutrals can't always do.

So, last year, I resolved to wear more color.  I think I did pretty well with this resolution as I implemented more color into my wardrobe over the last year.  Even though most of these outfits still incorporate black, I was much more likely to add colorful tops accessories, shoes, and other rainbow-hued pieces.

Top, left to right: Manic Monday:  Fall Colors; Hustle & Flow;
Black Pants for Work:  Sailor Stripes
; To Belt or Not To Belt
Bottom, left to right: Keep It Classic; Color and Confidence 2:  Seeing Red;
Bringing A Little Color To The Workplace
; Red Hot
Top, left to right: Prints Charming; Color and Confidence 2:  Mellow Yellow;
Weekend Natural + JORD Wood Watch Feature; Ruffles & Lace-Ups
Bottom, left to right:  Imitation Game:  Simply Cyn; Midi & Crop Tops;
Drapey Blazers & Python Clutches; Yellow & Red
Top, left to right:  Manic Monday:  Daytime Office Holiday Party;
Color and Confidence 2:  Green Queen
; Wild Card Wednesday:  Artsy Print;
Manic Monday: Military Inspiration

Bottom, left to right:  Unconditional Body Beautiful - Part 3: My Journey On My Legs
'Tis the Season; Black & White & Green Florals; Imitation Game:  Eloquii Fall 2015
Top, left to right:  Easy Spring WeekendBlack Pants for Work 2:  The Jumpsuit;
I Resolve To...Wear More Color; The Summer Maxi
Bottom, left to right:  Weekend Ready; Color and Confidence 2:  True Blue with eShakti;
The Temptress; Go Blog Social
Clockwise, from top left corner:  Color and Confidence 2:  Purple Haze; Blueprint;
Manic Monday:  Wide Legs and Long LinesReverse It; Imitation Game:  Curvy Girl Chic; Brighten The Day; I Resolve To...Show More Leg; Desk To Drinks; Playing with Proportions
Left, top to bottom: Professional in Faux Leather; Punky Sexy Day-Glo Lady
Middle:  Chasing Rainbows
Right:  Summer Crush

I Resolve To...Show More Leg!!
With a new-found love of my legs, I resolved last year to wear shorter skirts and dresses and flaunt those gams.  I made a decision to feel great about my legs and to show them off as much as I wanted.  Another successful resolution!! :-D

Top row, left to right:  Casual In Vogue; Fun With Zippers and Antiquarian Couture;
Call of the Wild; Saint Louis Fashion Week:  My Experience, My Fashion

Bottom row, left to right:  Wild Card Wednesday:  Leather & Lace; The Shorts Alternative; Beachy Bohemian; Unconditional Body Beautiful - Part 6:  Body Hair
Left, top to bottom:  Spring Berries & An Eyewear Feature From Firmoo.comI Resolve To...Show More Leg; Reader's Choice:  Casual Wear
Middle:  The Temptress
Right, top to bottom:  Unconditional Body Beautiful - Part 3:  My Journey on My Legs; Snowy Whites
I Resolve To...Stay on Budget!!
Budgeting does NOT coming easy to me, especially when it comes to my fashion purchasing.  I'm most definitely a shopaholic, and I hate to say it, but I blew my budget constantly in 2015.  The hubby and I are still in the process of trying to buy a house and getting our credit in line to do so, so even though I am horrible at it, I must continue to work on being better at sticking to a shopping budget.  As I also have a lot of clothes I'd like to get rid of, selling my clothes on eBay may be a way to increase my disposable clothing budget.

I Resolve To...Stay True To My Style!!
I think that in 2015, I became more attuned to what my style actually was.  I got better at purchasing clothing that was truly my personal style, especially when it came to work clothes.  While I incorporated more color last year, I also accepted that I just love to wear black (and white), and I put less pressure on myself to wear the variety of colors that I thought I should wear.    When I did wear color, I opted for a lot of greens, my favorite color.  I looked for sleek/architectural shapes and flowy maxi skirts and dresses.
Top, left to right:  Saint Louis Fashion Week:  My Experience, My Fashion;
Black for Summer:  The Culotte Jumpsuit
; Skirt Week 2:  All White Everything;
Wild Card Wednesday:  Smart Glamour Fall 2015

Bottom, left to right:  Midi & Croptops; Imitation Game:  Kim Kardashian West;
Manic Monday:  Day to Night;
Imitation Game:  Eloquii Fall 2015
Left, top to bottom:  Unconditional Body Beautiful - Part 4:  My Belly and Me;
Fun With Zippers and Antiquarian Couture; Edgy Formal
Middle:  I Resolve To...Stay True to My Style
Right, top to bottom:  Gilding the Lily; Blueprint

I Resolve To...Have More Fun With Fashion!!
I overcame some of my fashion fears and took more risks this past year.  Overcoming some of my body image issues and fears allowed me to have more fun with fashion.  Becoming bolder with my fashion choices, I played with more texture, daring necklines, fun prints, and whimsical clutches.  I definitely had more fun with fashion in 2015 and hope to do the same in 2016!!!
Left, top to bottom:  Wild Card Wednesday:  Faux Fur & Velvet;
If the Apocalypse Comes, Beep Me
Middle:  Reverse It
Right, top to bottom:  Imitation Game:  Rosie the Riveter; Snowy Whites


Left:  Imitation Game:  The Je Ne Sais Quoi
Middle:  Winter Bites
Right, top to bottom:  Imitation Game:  Nadia Aboulhosn;
Bringing A Little Color To The Workplace; Wild Card Wednesday:  Leather & Lace
All in all, I am quite happy with how I met my style goals for 2015.  I didn't really make any resolutions for 2016, but I'd like to continue to have fun with fashion, while staying true to my style and getting even more in tune with what's "me."  I definitely feel like I failed myself when it came to my budget, and I plan to try harder this year to stay on top of my fashion expenditures.  It's the most important of my style goals, and success in this arena means more money for my family.

Do you have any style resolutions for 2016?  How do you think I did with my 2015 resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!