1.03.2016

Reading Between The Lines

Shortly before Christmas, I wore today's look to work. It has a festive feel with the stripes, red, and sequins.  I felt like a candy cane...in a good way. 
Top:  Eloquii (Available here)
While I loved this look for its holiday feel, it's not overly "holiday," so it's an outfit that I would be likely to wear anytime during the year.

Since I've been working a lot of overtime, I have been looking to clothes that are comfortable for long hours of work, and this outfit definitely fit the bill.  I would wear this look on the weekend, but it's still polished enough for work in my business casual setting.
Sweater:  Torrid
Pants:  The Limited (Available here)
Shoes:  New Look (Available at ASOS here)
I love wearing sequins for daytime, and this top is a versatile piece that easily transitions from day to night.  The sequins aren't overly sparkly, and by adding the sweater, it helps tone down the sequins enough that it doesn't feel over-the-top for an office setting.
Cuff:  The Limited
Tote:  Isabel Toledo for Lane Bryant
Glasses:  Valentino
I love that the look is relaxed and easy and has such a graphic color combination.  The sweater is super comfortable, and the top has a knit back, which makes it great for all day wear.  Unlike a lot of sequin tops, this one is not scratchy.  Yay!!!
How do you stay comfortable at work?  Do you like a red, white, and black color combination?
For the red sweater in another look, see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!