11.25.2016

Casual Friday: The Oversized Sweatshirt

Hope those of you who celebrated Thanksgiving had a lovely time.  This holiday season is a little different for my family.  Last month, my grandmother ended her long suffering with Alzheimer's.  Just this week, my husband lost his father.  It has been a rough time for my family, but it has also been comforting to know that two very ill people are no longer enduring pain.
Dress:  ASOS (Available here)
Bracelet:  Ann Taylor
I feel so blessed that my children were able to know my grandmother.  She was such a special woman, and she just loved kids.  My youngest daughter was especially close to my father-in-law, and while his death has been hard on her, I  am thankful that she and my other kids had the opportunity to spend a lot of time with him.
Necklace:  LOFT
Yesterday, we had two Thanksgiving meals to try to spend the holiday with more family.  Two meals meant I needed some eatin' pants and later, no pants at all!  Ha, ha!
Sneakers:  Nike (old)
For the first part of the day, I paired an oversized sweatshirt dress with faux leather leggings and heels.  I added a blingy necklace to dress the look up a bit.
Pants:  Who What Wear for Target (No longer available online)
Glasses:  Valentino
Heels:  Target
Since my husband was cooking the second meal at our house, I got even more comfortable and lost the heels and pants.
Clutch:  The Limited
The holidays are always casual affairs in my family, and this year, I really just wanted to be comfortable.

This dress was perfect for the occasion!
Do you dress up for the holidays or go casual?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!