4.01.2014

Shadow Stripes and Soft Neutrals

Happy Tuesday, people!  It is no longer Monday...that is something for which to be grateful! 

It's a little chilly here still, but I'm planning out some warmer weather ideas.

Dress:  Target (Available here)
Booties:  Target (Available here)

White is a big color trend this spring.  While white can be a little tricky to wear (hello cellulite, goodbye tomato sauce), I'm a big fan of this neutral.  

It's no secret if you follow my blog that black and white are my favorite neutrals.  White is my favorite replacement for black in the spring and summer.  It looks great with black, of course, but it also looks perfect with other neutrals and any color.

Opt for substantial or lined fabrics to smooth over curves and to keep your knickers to yourself.  

Paired with pale colors like these tan booties and pink tote, the effect is soft but chic.
Tote:  Target (Available here)
Cuff:  New York & Company
I kept the look simple and let the shadow stripe details on the hem and sleeves do most of the work.  A gold cuff and dangly gold earrings add a little shine. 

This knit dress is super comfortable.  It was a little long when I got it, but because the stripe detail was actually a separate piece, my tailor was able to remove it, hem the dress, and replace the stripes.

Earrings:  The Limited
Ring:  Vintage (Gift)
Do you like wearing white?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!