6.30.2016

Wild Card Wednesday: The Floral Set

So, several months ago, Eloquii came out with this adorable two-piece set (see here and here).  I loved it, but I didn't think it would look right on me given that I'm so petite.  I also wondered whether I would wear it enough to make the purchase worthwhile.  I held off and decided not to get it.
Pants:  Eloquii (Available here)
Then a few weeks ago, Eloquii came out with another set in the same style but with a different floral print.  I loved this print a little bit more (though both are seriously great) and decided that I would just go for it and see whether it fit.  I could always return it if it didn't work out.

Top:  Eloquii (Available here)
The top was a great fit right out of the package, a little longer than intended, but not a bad fit!  The rise in the pants was too long as I expected, and the pants were too long, as I expected even more.  I had the waistband taken up and the pants hemmed, and now, they are perfect!!!

Shoes:  Candie's
Necklace:  The Limited

While I don't mind a crop top, I love that the longer length of the top allows me to tuck the top into the pants a bit and wear this outfit with a blazer for casual Fridays at work.
Clutch:  Ann Taylor

Here, I feature the look as worn for a dinner out with the hubs.  I added white heels, a subdued red lip, and a blue cross-body bag to bring out the colors of the floral print.

I can also see myself pairing the separates with other pieces, so even if I don't wear this outfit a ton, it will still get plenty of wear!!
Sunglasses:  Tory Burch
Bangle:  Target

Do you avoid trying pieces because you think they won't fit?  How do you get over that or do you?  Have you found a good tailor to work his or her magic??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!