6.27.2016

Shop Your Closet: The Printed Midi

Ugh....I have been away from the blog much too long!!  I have missed you guys!!  Work has been super busy and has left me with no time for blogging, but I hope to change that this coming week, even if I will still be working long hours!  So today, it's time for another Shop Your Closet post!
 Skirt:  Eloquii (Available here)
Today, I'm rocking this amazing printed skirt from Eloquii.  They have some of the best prints, and this one is just so perfect for summer!  This skirt is the same style as the striped one I previously featured here and here, and there is also a matching crop top

Sadly, the crop top didn't work for me in either fabrication, but that's okay!  There are still sooooo many ways to style this skirt, and today, I am offering you four!

For the first look, I went for a little date night chic.  I love the sophisticated and sexy feel of this off the shoulder top. 

Black off-the-shoulder top:  Eloquii (Available here)
I haven't had much luck with off-the-shoulder styles this season.  I have narrow shoulders and big arms, so it's hard to find a fit that doesn't slide right back up on my shoulders.  This top from Eloquii is more like a tube top with an attached scarf that you tie around your arms, so you're sure to get the right fit.
Shoes:  Anne Michelle
In fact, I even tried it out as a tube top and loved that variation too.
Clutch:  Target
Bracelets:  LOFT
To not compete with the tie on the top, I tied the attached self-tie belt to the back of the skirt, creating a bow in the back of the skirt (sorry, no photos).
Sunglasses:  Tory Burch
For the next look, I kept things a little more casual.  I paired the printed midi with a white crop top from ASOS layered over a lace bralette from Torrid.  I debated between white sneakers and wedges, and while both worked, ultimately, the wedges won out.
Tie-front crop top:  ASOS (Available here)
Wedges:  Sugar
Bralette:  Torrid (Available here)
Sunglasses:  Calvin Klein
For work, I decided to go with a bold mixed print look by pairing a striped button down shirt with the skirt.   
Striped button-down top:  Eloquii (Available here)
Shoes:  New Look
Bracelets:  LOFT
Satchel:  The Limited
Lastly, I wanted to create a go-anywhere look, one that I could wear to work but that I would be equally as likely to wear outside of work as well. Pairing the skirt with this simple orange blouse is an easy combo.  
Top:  The Limited (old)
Booties:  ASOS
Necklace:  Eloquii
Clutch:  Boohoo
Which look is your favorite?  How would you style this skirt?

For the orange top in other looks, see here, here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!