7.17.2016

Shop Your Closet: The Striped Shirtdress, Part Two

Last week, I brought you three ways to style this fabulous shirtdress from Eloquii!  As promised, I am back today with three more ways to wear it.  This dress really is such a versatile piece, and I think that's part of the reason it has become such a favorite of mine.
Dress:  Eloquii (Available here)
The dress also has a ton of styling potential for the fall and winter months, so stay tuned... I will surely share at least a few more ways to wear it over the coming months!

But for today, I'm still thinking and feeling summer...like literally... I had to keep wiping sweat while taking some of these pics!! 

Low-Key Evening
First up is a casual evening look.  

Shoes:  Anne Michelle

Sunglasses:  Tory Burch
It's low-key, but has some interesting touches such as the purple python heels, the studded lip purse, and the purple lip color (which is cool, but decidedly not for me).
Clutch/purse:  Torrid
I did feel a little bad-ass in this look though, which is always fun!




Backyard Beachy
A shirtdress can function well as a swimsuit cover-up whether it be for the beach or your own backyard.

Sunglasses:  Tory Burch
Here, I decided to play with pattern mixing by pairing the shirtdress with a watery print bikini by GabiFresh for Swimsuits for All.

Bikini:  Gabi Fresh for Swimsuits for All
Sandals:  Sonoma kids (old)
It's hard to see in the photos because my feet are covered by grass, but in some of the pics, I'm also wearing bright yellow sandals to bring out one of the colors of the bikini.
Sunglasses:  Calvin Klein

Wear-Everywhere Versatile
This last look gets special honors as probably the most versatile of my stylings.  It is a look that could be (and has been) worn to work, but it also looks great for casual get-togethers, dinners or drinks out, or a range of other life situations.

Shooties:  New Look Wide Fit (Available at ASOS here)
The shooties are polished and simple, while the accessories bring in some summery pops of color and print mixing.

An orange lip draws attention to the face. 
Necklace:  Eloquii

Clutch:  Target
One of the things that I love about a black and white color palette, especially black and white stripes, is that it mixes so easily with other colors and patterns.  I have learned to treat black and white stripes almost as a neutral, meaning I could add virtually any print (florals, animal prints, tribal prints, abstracts, you name it) without feeling like I am going overboard.

A shirtdress is equally versatile, as I hope you have seen from my two-part series.  With a little imagination, you can definitely expand your closet without having to spend a cent!!

1 comment:

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!