7.10.2016

Shop Your Closet: The Striped Shirtdress, Part One + A Look at my Eloquii Style & Substance Shoot

Happy Sunday!!  Today, I'm featuring this amazing shirt dress from Eloquii that I received during my recent Style & Substance shoot. 
Dress:  c/o Eloquii (Available here)
I am seriously so in love with this dress, and I have been wearing it in soooo many ways. 

It can be a little difficult to find different ways to wear dresses, but this one is super versatile.  In fact, this is only Part One of this Shop Your Closet.  Stay tuned next Sunday for three more ways to style this dress!!


Work
For the first look, I styled this dress for work by pairing it with a long-line vest and cinching it with a metallic belt.
Vest:  Eloquii (Available here)
Necklace:  Eloquii (Available here)
Purse:  Express
Glasses:  Coach
Boots:  New Look
Belt:  Torrid
A statement necklace, satchel, and booties complete the outfit.  For this look, I really wanted to add structure to create a more polished feel for the office.

Girls' Night Out
While sometimes you want polish, other times, you might long for a look that feels cool and relaxed, but that also has some flair.
Jeans:  The Limited Petites
For this second look, I opened up the buttons of the dress to above my waist and added my trusty cuffed jeans from The Limited (these are seriously Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants good jeans!!!)
Heels:  Amazon
Clutch:  Target
To finish the look, I added red lace-up heels and a clutch.  I actually wore this look out to brunch with my husband, but I also think it would be perfect for a girls' night out!


Casual
For today's last look, I went casual during a recent weekend, pairing my shirt dress with Chucks for a comfortable, easy look.
Sneakers:  Converse (kids) (Available at Kohl's here)
Clutch:  Twig & Arrow (Available at Target here)
I wear heels the majority of the time, but lately, I have been trying to go with more flat and low-wedge sandals and sneakers to give myself a break. 

Sunglasses:  Calvin Klein
This dress is perfect for so many occasions, but it did require some work to get the best fit.  Eloquii was so awesome in helping me to get all the pieces from my shoot tailored to perfection. 
Photos c/o Eloquii by Phillipe Rohdewald
For this shirt dress, I had it hemmed, had the sleeves shortened, and also had the shoulders taken in.  Being petite, it can be hard to get the right fit straight off, so tailoring has really become my norm.

Amazing stylist Ashley Falcon gave me such a fun look for the shoot, styling the dress with my own neon pink pumps and a lemon necklace and printed clutch.

Hair & Make-Up Artist Tyler Colton working his magic
Tailoring was the central theme of my Style & Substance shoot, and really I truly believe that it makes all the difference in the world!!  Being 4'9" with a large chest and stomach and smaller hips and thighs, a good fit right off the rack is almost impossible to find.  If you're taller and/or more hourglass or pear-shaped, you probably won't have quite as many fit issues as I do, but seriously, even something as simple as a hem can really change the overall appearance of a garment.

Just take a look at how Eloquii, with the expertise of my tailor, helped me transform some of my favorite pieces:

Photos:  c/o Eloquii by Phillipe Rohdewald
Jumpsuit:  c/o Eloquii (Available here)
Photos:  c/o Eloquii by Phillipe Rohdewald
Dress:  c/o Eloquii (Available here)
Photos:  c/o Eloquii by Phillipe Rohdewald
Skirt:  c/o Eloquii (Available here)
Top:  c/o Eloquii (Join the waitlist here)
Have you caught my full Style & Substance feature?  Check it out over at Eloquii.com!!!!

See the vest in another look here.
For the jeans in other looks, see here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!