7.15.2016

Casual Friday: Living in Black Dresses

This spring and summer, I have been practically living in flowy and stretchy black dresses.  Today on the blog, I am featuring three of my comfy favorites!  These dresses really are my #1 go-to for casual wear.  They are also all quite versatile, and I have previously styled each of these dresses for work as well (get links to previous stylings at the end of this post). 
Dress:  Torrid
First up is a flowy LBD that is actually a tunic. I got this last summer from Torrid, and since I'm so short, it works well as a dress. 
Booties:  Sonoma life+style
Glasses:  Firmoo.com


Clutch:  Twig & Arrow (Available at Target here)
Bangle:  LOFT
I added my most comfortable booties, a fun clutch, and my favorite necklace for a weekend outing with the family.

A ponytail completed the easy look and kept me cool in the heat.

Earrings:  Target
Pendant:  House of Harlow 1969 (gift)
Next is a slip dress from Who What Wear for Target. 
Dress:  Who What Wear for Target (Available here)
I bought this dress in the rust color and loved it so much, I decided to also get it in black, knowing that I would probably end up loving and wearing this one even more, and I was right!!! What can I say?  I really love wearing black!
Clutch:  Ann Taylor
Here, I styled the slip dress with python sandals and clutch for a casual dinner with the family.
Sandals:  Daisy Street (Available at ASOS here)
Necklace:  Eloquii (Available here)
Lastly, I am wearing my super-duper cool dress from Eloquii.  I have literally worn this dress no less than once a week since getting it.  It's so comfortable and easy, and it's body-conscious without feeling tight.  I just love it!!!
Dress:  Eloquii (Available here)
I also just had it hemmed, and I reallllly love the way it fits now!  Initially, I didn't think that there was much I could do to change the length of this dress and as much as I was all about this dress and still wearing the heck out of it, I was disappointed that it seemed a little too droopy and long on me.
Shoes:  Converse (kids) (Available at Kohl's here)
Clutch:  Boohoo
As I explained on the blog before, there is a long piece of fabric that goes under your legs and is brought back up and around and then tied at the mid-section.  So, it seemed very complicated, if not impossible, to hem.  Then, I realized hemming this piece would actually be super simple.  There is a seam that separates the fabric from where it flows in the front to the part that wraps around.  My tailor simple separated those two pieces, took out several inches and then re-attached the pieces.  Voila!! The dress now has a fabulous fit and I love it even more!
Glasses:  Valentino
I paired this dress with white sneakers for a recent weekend look.  It was perfect in the 95 degree weather!

Do you have a favorite go-to for casual wear? 
For the tunic in other looks, see here and here.
For the slip dress in another look, see here.

For the tie-waist dress in other looks, see here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!