9.18.2016

Shop Your Closet: Ruffles

I have been fighting a cold which is never fun, but fall fashion has me all kinds of happy!  I'm seriously loving the trends this year, and I feel like after a couple rather boring fall seasons, we're seeing some more inspired options.

This season, ruffles are a big trend, and a tunic dress in black is a great way to hop on this trend without going too girly.  Today's Shop Your Closet features three ways to wear this ruffled tunic from Eloquii.

Wear-Now Evening

First up is a wear-now option.  It's still pretty warm in my neck of the woods, but I get too excited about fall fashion to wait until it's actually cool to shop or wear my fall pieces. 

Tunic:  Eloquii (Available here)
Heels:  Amazon
By opening up the neckline and pairing with strappy heels, I can stay breezy and cool on a still-balmy late summer night.
Clutch:  Target (old)
Sunglasses:  Tory Burch
Earrings:  Eloquii
Casual
There are a lot of new denim options this season, but skinny jeans aren't going anywhere.  They're now a wardrobe classic for many of us, but like all great classics, it's always best to update for the season to create a fresher look. 

Jeans:  Torrid (Available here)
Ring:  Earthbound Trading Company (old)
I paired the ruffled tunic over skinnies for a play with proportions.  I like how the soft black color of the denim creates a subtle contrast against the tunic.
Glasses:  Valentino
Shoes:  Target
Clutch:  The Limited (old)
I had planned a third look for today's post to show how I would be styling my ruffles for cooler weather.  Since I wasn't feeling well, I didn't get a chance to snap photos, but be sure to look for this tunic in the coming months layered over long sleeve tops and paired with tights and velvet boots! 

How would you style this tunic?  Are you a fan of this fall's ruffle trend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!