5.07.2013

Ballerina Fantasies

I have always loved ballerina-inspired fashion.  For years, there wasn't a wrap sweater that I could resist.  I love the color palette of ballet clothes - soft mints and pinks mixed with blacks, greys, and ivories.
Tulle skirt:  Custom-made
Blazer:  Forever 21+ (Available here)
I've been obsessed with tulle skirts ever since Sex and the City.  I am in LOVE with the mint tulle dress and cream jacket Carrie wears in Paris during the final episode.  
Source:  Loyola Looks
Tank:  Old Navy Petites (Similar here)
Amethyst necklace:  Target
This skirt was custom-made for me, and I just love it!  I can't wait to style this skirt in a variety of ways.  I imagine it with cute flats and a chambray shirt (if I can ever find one that fits across the girls).  I also imagine wearing it very literally with a wrap sweater. 

Today, I dressed the look up with a cropped tuxedo blazer and stiletto lace-up heels.
Shoes:  Prabal Gurung for Target (No longer available; may be available)
Clutch:  Jason Wu for Target (Available on ebay here)

I'm taking a trip to New York soon, and I was planning on saving this look for my own Carrie moment, but I couldn't resist sharing it with you sooner!!
Ring:  Torrid
Bracelet:  The Limited
Bow earrings:  The Limited (Similar here)
Do you like tulle skirts or other ballet-inspired fashion?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!