11.14.2014

Caped Crusader

Can I tell you just how happy I am that capes are back in style?
Cape:  Boohoo (Available here)
I had a cape style jacket several years back, and I wore that thing to death.
Dress:  Eva Mendes for New York & Company (Available here)
This fall, I'm resisting the urge to buy up every cape style piece I can get my hands on.  While I'm not buying all the capes, I have indulged on a few caped items, including this cape jacket from boohoo.com that I recently featured on my Halloween post.

Today, I'm back wearing it again with all black, but this time, I went for an easier silhouette by adding it with a belted trapeze dress.  The sleeves of the dress add a little warmth and coverage, but the sheerness helps provide a lightness that sets the black pieces off from one another.
Boots:  Payless (old)
Like a lot of you across the States, we are having winter temperatures right now, so I paired these pieces with tights and high boots to add some additional warmth.  It's hard to tell in the pics, but you can actually see a sprinkling of snow on the ground behind me.  Yikes!!  I'm not ready for winter!
Tights:  The Limited
Taking pics after work has proven difficult since the end of Daylight Savings Time.  It's always dark, so I have to get better at taking photos on the weekend - the only shot I have at getting light!! 

The darkness is hiding some of the details of this look that I would have loved to have shown off better.  :-/

Clutch:  The Limited
Cuff:  The Limited

Ring:  Earthbound Trading Co. (old)
Necklace:  Express (old)
I just talked on the blog yesterday about my move towards minimalist accessorizing, but for this look, I'm actually accessorized quite a bit with lots of shiny silver and pewter metals.  The same look, with more blingy jewelry, would be perfect for an upcoming holiday party.

I wore this look to work yesterday, which was possibly a little dressy for the office, but sometimes, it's fun to be the diva....which a cape most definitely makes me feels like. 

Belt:  Torrid
Are you a fan of the cape trend?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!