11.01.2014

The Devil Wears Asos

Recently Asos contacted me about creating a DIY Halloween costume using picks from their online store.  I have been wanting to try Asos, but had not yet taken the plunge, so I was more than excited at the chance to try a few pieces from the store using the gift card that they generously provided. 
Skirt:  The Limited
Top:  Ann Taylor Petites
 
Cape jacket:  Boohoo.com (Available here)
I've also mentioned before that Halloween is my favorite holiday, so the opportunity to dress up...yes, PLEASE!!

After perusing all of the fab Halloween accessories and thinking about what I already had in my closet, I decided to be a devil!  In retrospect, with the all black look, maybe I should have been a vampire or bat, but who says the devil always has to wear red?
Heels:  Simply Vera by Vera Wang
My devil incarnation is more Elizabeth Hurley in Bedazzled than full-on Beelzebub.  

The faux leather skirt and fitted peplum top feel a little femme fatale, while this awesome cape jacket I recently got from Boohoo adds a mysterious touch.

Stockings:  Wal-mart
Then, comes the really fun part of my look - the pieces I got from Asos, of course! 

Devil horn hair clips reveal my "true" colors.  The horns don't always come out, but when they do...beware!!

Horns:  c/o Asos (Available here)
The spider web gloves add a spooky touch, while the fang clutch is ghoulishly cool.  I will be using this clutch all year!!
Clutch:  Asos (Available here)
I also added in spider studs, a snake ring, and a deep purplish red lip.
Spider earrings;  Target
Ear cuff:  Torrid
Gloves:  c/o Asos (Available here)
I feel devilishly sexy in this look!! 

While I love my costume, I would definitely wear this outfit again sans the devil horns. 

The structured pieces and mix of black textures really speak to me.  In fact, I might just have to wear this on my next evening out!!

Did you dress up for Halloween?  Are you a do-it-yourself costumer? 

Check out Asos' DIY costume shop here!

For the skirt in other looks, see here, here, and here.

For the top in other looks, see here, here, here, and here.
For last year's witch costume, see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!