11.06.2014

Plum Picks

For work yesterday, I decided to wear my plum print dress with a matching plum blazer. 
Dress:  The Limited
I don't wear a lot of warmer colors and don't have much in the way of browns and tans, but I have found myself reaching for them more this fall. 

This pair of cognac heels are the the only pair of shoes I have that works with this dress.  I don't like nude pantyhose, so I'm on the hunt for a pair of tights that will work with this dress so that I can wear it in the cooler months, especially considering this was likely my last bare legged day until spring. 

Blazer:  LOFT Petites

Shoes:  Target (old)
I mentioned that shoes are on my wish list this month - perhaps a pair of cognac high boots.  They would look great with this dress, and I have other dresses and skirts that would look good with such boots as well.  They would be a versatile addition to my shoe wardrobe.

For this look, I wanted to play up the purple color that is the base of the dress by adding more purple. I like that this deep plum almost acts as another neutral while having a softness and warmth that my favorite neutral, black, does not.

Belt:  Torrid (Available here)
A gold belt helps cinch in the waist and create a more flattering fit to this A-line dress. 

While I used the cognac tote for work, an amber clutch (such as the one featured here) could easily be substituted for a dinner to drinks look.


Tote:  old?
Cuff:  New York & Company
When it comes to neutrals, do you tend to wear more blacks/greys or browns/tans?

For this dress in another look, see
here.
For this blazer in other looks. see here, here, here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!