11.15.2014

Taxi Cab Confessions

When I first put this outfit together, I was attracted to the graphic combination of the printed tights and the bright yellow dress.
Jacket:  Eva Mendes for New York & Company (Available here)
I'm still digging this outfit, but after seeing it in pictures, I realized that I look a bit like a taxi cab!!!  LOL
Dress:  Eva Mendes for New York & Company (Available in turquoise or black here)
Since I'm wearing a taxi cab look, I guess it's only fitting that I give some confessions. 

Loves:  Blazers (duh!), kettle cooked chips, cats, everything Joss Whedon

Dislikes:  Sneakers, spinach, big dogs, Two and a Half Men

Phobia:  MICE!! (ewwwugghhh!)


I have three college degrees, but I actually obtained an Associates degree AFTER my Masters.

I've been engaged three times, but so far...never married! (LONG STORY!! LOL)

Tights:  The Limited (Similar here)
I'm still having fun with printed tights while the weather is somewhat cooperating.  I like the juxtaposition in this look of the lightweight dress paired with black and the heavyweight wool jacket. 

It makes the dress wearable for fall, while giving a balance to the look.
Boots:  Fergalicious by Fergie
Both the jacket and dress I'm wearing are from various collections from the Eva Mendes line for New York & Company.  I have been generally impressed with this line since it first came out, but I will say that sizing is a bit all over the place, often running on the bigger side.  If you're not typically a straight size shopper, but wear up to a size 20-22, I would recommend you checking out some of the pieces if you're a fan. 

Don't be afraid to try something on, or go into a store that typically doesn't carry your size because you might just be surprised by what you find!!
Tote:  New York & Company
Would you wear black and yellow?  Do you have any taxi cab confessions??

For this dress in other looks, see
here, here, here, and here.
For the jacket in another look, see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!