7.14.2015

Black for Summer: Culotte Jumpsuit

Today, I'm concluding my series of all black looks with a fun cropped culotte jumpsuit.
Jumpsuit:  eShakti custom (currently sold out on-line)
You may recognize this jumpsuit from my recent post on eShakti.  I loved it for its chic simplicity and modern design details, but I was skeptical about whether culottes would work for me.

I had some gift cards for eShakti, so I decided to give it a try.  I'm so glad I did.  

Heels:  Candie's (Available at Kohl's here)
Sunglasses:  Calvin Klein
Clutch:  Torrid (Available here)
The culotte style can be so tricky for petites, especially curvy petites, but the jumpsuit style really makes it work.  Plus, I finally have a jumpsuit that was made for me!!  Using eShakti's custom fit options, I have a jumpsuit that is the perfect length and doesn't have a ton of extra room in the torso.  Nothing worse than a crotch that hangs down to your knees! LOL
The pocket area of the jumpsuit is a little bulky, so I'm planning on having the pockets partially sewn shut to create a sleeker silhouette in the hip area.  Other than that, I just love this piece.
I kept the styling simple and monochromatic with the addition of white pumps, a statement bag, and my faux Dior tribal pearl earrings.
Earrings:  etsy
Rings:  Torrid; New York & Company
Are you a fan of the culottes trend?  Have you tried it out yet?
A more colorful look up on the blog soon!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!