7.10.2015

Black for Summer: The Lace Maxi


A few months ago, I discovered the on-line shop, Chubby Cartwheels that caters to women of sizes 1-5X (though they have some super cute t-shirts also available in sizes S-L), I was instantly drawn to the Boleyn dress, a sheer maxi dress that could be customized in various sleeve lengths, but I wasn't fond of the polka dot fabric choices available at the time.
Dress:  Chubby Cartwheels (Available here)
A month or so later, while perusing my Instagram feed, I spotted this dress in black lace, and I knew I had to make it mine!!  Without further ado, I e-mailed the company to ask about the possibility of custom measurements for my short frame and smaller hips, and owner Shawna responded almost immediately!  Since every piece is made-to-order, there is no additional charge for custom measurements.

I ordered the dress, customized with elbow length sleeves.  When it arrived, I excitedly took it out of the package and tried it on.  It was a perfect fit, and I just love it!
Slip:  The Limited
I plan on wearing the dress with a slip, as I'm doing here, for an upcoming wedding that I'm attending in late summer, but I have some other styling ideas for it as well.

This dress would be great for an evening event during summer as the lace will keep  you breezy, while the maxi length provides a sophisticated elegance.  
I added in a few "fancy" elements with the rhinestone necklace and lace clutch, but since it's summertime, I also wanted to keep things a little casual - so I left my hair down and added a bright fuchsia lip color.
Necklace:  LOFT
Ring:  LOFT
Clutch:  for Target
Glasses:  Valentino
Would you wear a lace maxi dress?  How would you style it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!