7.30.2015

Black Velvet & 3rd Blogiversary!!

Today marks the 3rd anniversary of my blog! 
Dress:  Eloquii, c/o Sophisticated Curves (Available here)
It's hard to believe I've been doing this for three years!  My little labor of love has connected me to so many amazing people who I otherwise wouldn't have had the opportunity to know.  It's given me a platform to share my love of fashion with like-minded individuals, and it has connected me with some amazing brands.
Glasses:  Valentino
All in all, I've had so much fun blogging over the last three years, so I figured why not celebrate in style!
I decided to go with a fancy dress from +ELOQUII gifted to me by William of Sophisticated Curves.  I connected with William and Sophisticated Curves (an amazing resource for plus-size news and fashion) through my experience blogging, so wearing this dress for my blogiversary only seemed fitting.
Ear cuff:  eBay
Given that it's almost August, it has been too hot to wear a velvet dress.  Because of this, I hadn't gotten it hemmed yet.  You may notice that there is a seam past the knee that leads into the trumpet hem.  To get the proper placement for the trumpet, I'll be moving this seam up.
Even though I haven't yet had a chance to get it hemmed, I thought the extra length created a cool train, so I decided to go with it.  It's part Old Hollywood glam, part Morticia Addams.  Pretty good hybrid, if you ask me!

Clutch:  The Limited
The traditional gift for the third anniversary is wood, and I thought it would be cool to do a woodsy scene as a backdrop to my blog photos.  Due to the hectic wedding planning, I had to settle for a tree in my backyard, but it gave me a little of the vibe I wanted.
Thanks again for reading my blog and helping me celebrate three years!  I wouldn't be here without you! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!