7.08.2015

Black for Summer: Fresh Picks from Torrid

I definitely wear a lot more color during the summertime, but nothing completely replaces black from my wardrobe, no matter the season.  Black is a summertime staple for me, just as it is a staple every other season.  This week is committed to my favorite color to wear, showing how fabric choices and breezy cuts can allow black to be an easy go-to even when the mercury is high.

Today, I am featuring a few pieces from Torrid.  Torrid can be pretty hit or miss for me and it had been a while since I found anything there, but I recently scored a few new pieces, and I'm really loving them!

Tunic:  Torrid (Similar here)
The first is this semi-sheer tunic.  I can definitely envision wearing this tunic with faux leather leggings when cooler weather hits, but for now, I love it as a dress.  It has such a cool minimalist vibe, and shirt dresses are very popular this year.
Heels:  Anne Michelle (purchased from eBay)
Glasses:  Firmoo.com (Available here)
Clutch:  Target
I paired the tunic with purple python heels and a textured clutch to give it a little more visual interest, but I kept accessories quite minimal overall. 
Bracelet:  New York & Company
Earring:  The Limited
For work, I threw on a pale grey sweater to stave off air-conditioning chill.
Sweater:  New York & Company
I'm normally a size 0 at Torrid, but I went up to a 1 in this dress out of fear that the buttons would pull in the chest area.  The dress had a looser fit, but I definitely dig the relaxed vibe and how well this can dress up or down.
For the second look, I went much more casual, pairing an oversized knit top with denim shorts and sneakers.  I would have loved this with some short black shorts and a pair of black sandals, but I'm still on the hunt for some black shorts that work for me.
Top:  Torrid (Available here)
Shorts:  The Limited (Similar here)
Necklace:  Target
Bracelet:  The Limited
Shoes:  Juicy Couture for Kohl's (kids) (Available here; Similar here)
I would definitely wear this outfit for weekend errands or a backyard barbeque.
Clutch:  custom Smart Glamour (Available here)
Which look do you prefer?

Do you wear much black during the summer?  Do you shop at Torrid?  How do you find their selection?

For the grey sweater in other looks, see here and here.
For the denim shorts, in other looks, see here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!