7.27.2015

Eye See You

Happy Monday everyone!

Whew! This wedding planning business is taking more out on me than I had hoped.  Planning in such a short time is hard work, and we have gotten stuck on the food issue after our first choice didn't pan out.  I can't wait to share some more details with you, but let me just say that our wedding will be uniquely us, blending some classic wedding elements (formal wear, buffet dinner, etc.) with a ceremony tailored to our spiritual beliefs and blended family dynamic.  I'm hopeful all will pan out and be beautiful on our wedding day, despite our small budget and short turnaround time for planning, but right now I'm just feeling plain stressed!  :-/

To make matters worse, I finally got around to taking some blog pics, and it was so hot and humid, the camera (and my glasses) kept fogging up.  I got bit by probably a million mosquitoes (I might be exaggerating just a bit), and not one of the pictures turned out well!

But enough of my whining!  I'm so grateful to you for sticking with me during this slow period.  By mid August, I should be back on track with regular posting, but my 3rd blogging anniversary happens a little later this month, so I do have a few posts planned to commemorate that!

I wanted to let you know that I see you out there, and I'm thankful to all of you who support what I do.

Today's look is a literal take on vision with two fun eyewear prints. 

Top:  Torrid (Available here)
The first look is one I wore to work not too long ago.  It was a simple summery work look, but the quirky printed top gave it a little flair.
Pants:  The Limited
Sandals:  Payless
Bracelets:  LOFT, Ann Taylor
Glasses:  Firmoo.com
Earrings:  New York & Company
The second look features an eShakti dress that I got last year with a low-key, make-up free styling.  
Dress:  eShakti
Booties:  Target

I wore this the day the man and I signed the contract for our venue and picked out our wedding bands.  We also ate dinner at the restaurant we went to the night he proposed (many years back) because we can be so sappy when we want to be.  :-)
Satchel:  The Limited
Unfortunately, I was having issues with weird lighting and a foggy camera while taking these, so the pics aren't great, but I thought I would go ahead and share anyway.

Bangle:  Target
Earrings:  The Limited
Everywhere we went that day, people were commenting on my dress.  It's such a fun and easy dress, perfect for a hot summer day and quite the conversation starter!  Paired with beige booties and a single bangle, the look was no muss, no fuss.

Less than two weeks until the big day, so I think I'm going to be relying a lot on comfortable standby clothes like these that I don't have to think too much about.

Be back soon!


For the dress in other looks, see here, here, here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!