3.10.2016

Draped Dresses

Ughhhhh!  I've been so sick, but I have also really been in the mood to blog.  Taking pictures with droopy, watery eyes and a raw nose just isn't too fun though!  Sick or not, I decided that I was going to get some pics done, so during a brief period of lucidity, I added a little extra make-up and went with it. 
Dress:  ASOS Curve (Available here)
While being sick has gotten me a little cranky, today's fashion focus is more happy and romantic.  I'm featuring two pretty draped dresses that will be great for upcoming spring dates, weddings, and other events.
Dress:  ASOS (Available here)
Heels:  Anne Michelle
I just looooooove well-draped dresses, and these two dresses from ASOS are draped in all the right places.  Draping adds interest to a piece, but they also flatter the figure too which I can appreciate

The first dress is from ASOS Curve.  I went with a size 14, and it was a perfect fit with no alterations, a rare find indeed.  It was a little longer on me than shown on model, but I didn't mind it with this dress.  The drop shoulder and lower-cut neckline make this perfect for a date night. 
Clutch and Ring:  The Limited
Navy is a great alternative to black.  It took me a long time to appreciate navy, but it really does look great on every skin tone.

I paired the dress with gold heels and a blush clutch for a soft contrast of color.

Necklace:  The Limited (Available here)
Glasses:  Coach
For today's second look, I went with a draped nude-to-me dress from ASOS.  This one is a straight size 14.  It too was a perfect fit except for the length which I had hemmed. 

Apparently, my kids also decided to get a frisbee in my photos! 

Jacket:  The Limited (Available here)
Heels:  Target (old)
I previously showed this dress on the blog here in a wintery fur-filled look.  Today, I added a cropped khaki jacket, floral clutch, and cognac heels. 
Earrings:  LOFT
Bracelet:  Target
Clutch:  Purchased at Titanic Museum Gift Shop (Branson, MO)
Necklace:  The Limited
I love the spring-y feel of these looks.  I am really over winter, and I can't wait to starting breaking out some more spring style!  
Do you like draping in a garment?  Ready for spring?  What are you most looking forward to about the change of season?
For the nude dress in another look, see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!