3.27.2016

Red Lips & Corset Details

Happy Easter to those of you who celebrate!! My outfit for today probably isn't very Easter-y, but I'm wrapping up my short series on black dresses with this lace-up style from Forever 21.
Dress:  Forever 21+ (Available here)
I really love corset details, so imagine my surprise when I found this bare, but not too revealing, dress.   
Boots:  New Look

The neoprene fabric is a substantial weight without being too heavy, and the overall quality of this piece is really great!  I have been rather impressed with Forever 21 lately.  They have had some unique and cool pieces. all made well with nice fabrics.

Forever 21 has more of a juniors fit, which works well with my petite frame.  Juniors fits tend to have smaller overall proportions - I find their plus size line fits my bigger parts (bust and belly) while also fitting my smaller parts (hips and shoulders).  I did need to make one alteration to the dress which made a big difference in the fit - I took the shoulders up to move the waistline of the dress up to my natural waist.
Jacket:  Jennifer Lopez Collection for Kohl's
Sunglasses:  Tory Burch
Even though I think the quality of the dress is good, I was a little concerned that the dress could read too "junior."  Skater style dresses, while cute, tend to read a little young to me, and after a lifetime of always being thought of as younger than I am, I generally prefer to look my age.

Wanting to make the dress a little more grown-up, I opted to keep the hem as-is.  The dress was a little longer on me than intended, but I thought the longer length helped offset the low neckline. 

I considered pairing the dress with lace-up stiletto heels, but I thought the boots felt fresher and more modern.  The boots helped offset the overt sex appeal of the dress and were also comfy - more and more important to me these days.

I finished the look with a blush moto jacket, soft red lip, and a cute telephone clutch. 
Clutch:  Torrid (Similar available here)
Earrings:  Macy's
Would you wear a dress like this?  Where would you wear it?  What do you think about the length - good as is or would shorter be better?

For the moto jacket in other looks, see here, here, here, here, and here.

2 comments:

  1. Cute!! I love your bag and shoes..=)
    Farrah
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it and think the length is really nice! With the boots it has a great modern feel. That clutch is adorable too!

    Htpp://www.LydiaDickson.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!