3.21.2016

Manic Monday: Not-So-Basic Black

I'm finally just about over all the yuck (I was starting to think I would be sick forevvvvvver!), but it has been a bit hard to get back into blogging.  I did manage to get a few pictures done over the weekend before the weather turned colder, so this week I hope to get back on track while featuring a few black dresses.  There's just something about the LBD that I find hard to resist!
Dress:  Eloquii (Available here)
Obviously, little black dresses are a classic and a major closet staple for a reason.  They are super versatile and can easily be dressed up or down.
Jacket:  Forever 21+
I love interesting variations on the classics, so I was really intrigued when I saw this knit dress from Eloquii.  I immediately knew it would be a great casual dress paired with flat sandals or comfy booties for summer.  Once it arrived, I knew that I could also dress it up with a moto jacket and cool necklace for a night out or create a pulled-together work look by pairing it with a blazer.  Really, this dress holds a lot of possibilities!!
Satchel:  Express
The shape of the dress is unique, with the draping creating almost a jumpsuit effect.  The piece in the front goes between your legs, wraps around your hips/bottom, and then ties in the front.  It's really easy to master, and you can tie the waist higher or lower depending on where you prefer it.  Here, I have it a little high, but I will likely lower it a bit the next time I wear it.  The design is a little tricky in the bathroom where it can be hard not to drag the dress on the floor when it's untied, but really it just requires a little extra thought.
Boots:  New Look
Necklace:  Eloquii
For today's look, I paired the dress with a cropped blazer for work.  The satchel helps keep things all business, while the red tassel necklace adds a pop of color and bling.
Cuff:  The Limited
 Do you like black dresses?  Would you wear a dress like this?
Glasses:  Valentino
For the jacket in other looks, see here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!