3.30.2016

Wild Card Wednesday: White on White

I mentioned on Monday's post that I am opting for brighter colors as a way to transition to spring, but I don't think anything makes me feel like spring as much as wearing white.
Jacket:  Rebel Wilson for Torrid (Available here)
White is a perennial spring favorite, but it's also a big trend this year.  As a result, retailers are offering some really great white pieces, providing more options in a variety of fabrics and cuts.

Since it's still quite chilly, a white moto jacket is a superb transitional piece.  The color shouts spring while the faux leather adds needed warmth.
Dress:  ASOS (Available here)
The jacket is from Rebel Wilson's latest collection for Torrid.  It's not a true white - it's difficult to tell in the photos because of the lighting, but the jacket (and dress) are more of an off-white.

For those of you interested in the Rebel Wilson collection, I can give a little insight about the two white moto jackets that are part of it.  The spring collection included a version that was described as white and as 21 3/4 inches (the style I'm wearing here) and a longer version that has a lace overlay and was labeled as bright white and as 24 1/2 inches
Wedge sandals:  Sugar/Kohl's
Because I was wanting a true white jacket (in part, to wear with the midi featured here), I ordered both jackets to see which one I would like better.  I found the lace version a little bulky.  The lace didn't really lay flush against the faux leather underneath, and I thought it did absolutely nothing to flatter my figure.  While the lace one was labeled as bright white, the color of the jackets actually appeared very similar in person.  In the ended, I opted for the shorter version, and I'm really excited about it.  I think it will be a versatile piece to have in my wardrobe! 
Sunglasses:  Tory Burch
Rings: Earthbound Trading Co. & Local jewelry show purchase
Paying attention to measurements provided by websites has helped me to better accommodate my figure with less stress - I knew from the length that the shorter version would likely work better for my petite frame and also work better with fuller skirts and other pieces that I wanted to wear with it. 

I was right about the length, but the jacket still required an alteration - the sleeves needed to be shortened.   I had the sleeves taken in mid-sleeve so that I wouldn't lose the zipper detail at the cuff. 
In addition to the jacket alteration, I had the dress taken up at the shoulders to conceal my bra and to move the slightly drop waistline up where it belonged.
This easy shift dress will be great come summer when I just need to throw something on but don't want to be bothered with a lot of clothes.
Bracelets:  Express, LOFT
Clutch:  Target
Will you be wearing a lot of white this spring??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!