5.05.2014

From The Street To The Backyard

Happy Monday!
Top:  Forenza by The Limited (last year)

Shorts:  Torrid (Similar here)

The work week may be back for most of us, but my mind is still on the weekend.  Casual spring and summer weekends call for easy pieces that can transition easily from errands running to hammock lounging.
Necklace:  The Limited
This comfy look fits the bill.  

The denim Bermuda shorts and breezy top are perfect for weekends in the yard, but they also work well for running to the farmer's market or for a walk through the city.
I added a few masculine touches with beige brogues and a straw fedora.
Fedora:  Target (Similar here)
Shoes:  Target (Available here)
I'm trying to expand my shoe collection, especially my small selection of comfy shoes.  

I have liked the look of brogues on other women, but I wasn't sure they were for me.  This pair sold me.  The nude (for me) color doesn't cut off the line of my leg (important to me when wearing flats), and the perforated detail adds a unique (and airy) touch.  

The fact that I also found them on clearance sweetened the deal.  :-)
Necklaces worn as bracelet:  World Market (old)
Slightly bohemian jewelry adds a feminine touch that doesn't compete with the easy vibe of the outfit.
What do you like to wear for casual warm weather weekends??

For these shorts in other looks, see here, here, and here.
For this top in other looks, see here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!