12.22.2016

Winter Trends: Sparkle

Have you been keeping up with the winter trends collaboration with Irene of Petite Plus, Meow!?  So far, we have shared our personal takes on faux fur and gold, and today, we take on sparkles!
Dress:  ELOQUII (Available here)
There's something about a shiny, sparkly piece that is so hard to resist.  I had been eyeing this cute striped dress from Eloquii for quite a long time before I finally took the plunge and got it.  The stripes are a pretty candy-colored mix of pinks and purples.  It reminds me of a sparkly candy cane!
Glasses:  Tory Burch

To add even more sparkle, I added a black sequin bow and sparkly earrings.
Sequin bow collar:  ELOQUII
Purse:  Betsey Johnson
My husband got me this too-cute-for-words gingerbread woman purse and gave it to me before Christmas so that I could enjoy it during the holiday season.  I thought it was a great addition to this dress.

I wore this look to my office holiday party and received a lot of compliments.  


To get more wear out of the dress, I may try it with a simple trench later on to tone down the sequins.
Boots:  FarylRobin Fawcett
Irene provides some great ideas on how to tone down a sparkly sequin piece, pairing a sequin pencil skirt with various sweaters to add a cozy or sexy feel.  
Petite Plus, Meow!

Head over to her blog to see more.  You can also find her on Instagram or Facebook.
Stay tuned next Thursday when we finish up our winter series with one of my verrrry favorite fabrics - sensuous velvet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!