11.19.2013

Singin' the Blues: Cobalt and Cognac

Blue was a huge trend on fall runways, and cobalt was everywhere!

I've always considered green my favorite color since early high school, but in the last few years, I think cobalt has replaced it.  It is such a vibrant color, and it looks amazing with so many other colors.
Dress:  Eva Mendes for New York & Company (Available here)
Blazer:  New York & Company (old) (Similar here)
Shoes:  Target (old)


For some reason, I usually pair this particular blazer with black and white.  I don't wear a lot of browns, and I never really considered mixing cognac with cobalt, but I decided to give it a try.

I'll admit that I prefer cobalt with black, white, or grey (and a ton of other colors), but I don't mind this color mix and it's nice to try something new once in a while.
Tote:  Target (5+ years old)
Bracelets:  The Limited (Available here)
I love trapeze dresses, but they are super tricky to wear if you're curvy and petite.  The longer length blazer helps tone down some of the volume of the dress, making it a little more work-appropriate as well as a little more flattering.
Necklaces:  The Limited and Target (Available in silver here and available here)
Do you like trapeze dresses?  What shade of blue is your favorite to wear?

For this dress in another look, see here.
For this blazer in other looks, see here, here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!