4.04.2013

Blank Canvas

For today's look, I treated this taupe dress as a blank canvas and had fun adding color with the blazer and bold accessories.

Taupe dress:  Target Petites (old)
Blazer:  New York & Company (Available in coral and black here)
This is my favorite way to wear color.  Accessories add plenty of flash and interest, but the neutral dress keeps the look from being too over the top for my personal aesthetic.
Bubble necklace:  ILY Couture (Available here)
Necklace (worn as bracelet):  The Limited (Available here)
Shoes:  Target (Available here)
Belt:  The Limited (Similar here)
I bought this dress on clearance a couple years ago.  I really liked it, but it was a size too big.  I am thinking about getting it taking in and having the hem taken up so that I have an option to wear it without a belt.  I really do believe proper fit makes a huge difference in how flattering one's clothes are. 
For more on fit, see here.

For this blazer in other looks, see here and here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!