11.01.2013

Stop by for a Spell: Halloween, Part 2

I love getting dressed up in costume for Halloween.
Dress:  The Limited (old)
Jacket:  Target (Available here)
I didn't have any special reason to dress up in costume this year, but I decided to create one for trick or treating with the kids.   
Tights:  Torrid (Available here)
Hat:  Wal-Mart
Boots:  Target (Similar here)
This is my conceptualization of the modern witch.

I don't know if any of you are "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" fans (BFFs if you are), but I couldn't dress as a witch and not think of the scene in Season 6 when Wiccan Willow scolds a woman for dressing as a stereotypical witch for Halloween, warts and all.

I didn't want to rely on the stereotypes of the "classic" witch look.  Besides, even if witches wore pointy hats and striped stockings at one point in time, today's witch has more options!

Snake necklace:  eBay (Similar here)
Quartz crystal pendant:  Earthbound Trading Company
Bracelet:  Torrid (Available here)
Hopefuly, my look would make Willow proud.  The modern witch is subversive, feminine, wicked, and fashionable!

For this dress in another look, see here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!