11.26.2013

Rocking Tweed

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

Hope you all had a wonderful start to your week.  My work week is short this week with the Thanksgiving holiday, for which I'm very thankful!

Yesterday, I gave my tweed jacket a slight rock-n-roll feel that I think still felt professional enough for my business casual workplace.
Blouse: LOFT Petites (Available here)
Pants:  The Limited (Similar here)
Jacket:  Gap (old)
Black or blush pumps might have worked better for the office, but I have been having a love affair with boots (and subtle rock-n-roll inspiration) this fall. 

Besides, I really wanted to wear my new booties.

Boots:  Fergie by Fergalicious (Available here)
Clutch:  The Limited (Available here)
I finally used my Famous Footwear gift card I received from Brown Shoe (details here) on these Fergalicious by Fergie faux suede and leather booties. The height is super comfortable thanks to a hidden platform.  Thanks to wide and thick feet, they are slightly tight (especially on my larger left foot), but otherwise, they're a great boot for work or weekends.  Unfortunately, finding any shoes that fit my feet properly is harder than finding a needle in that proverbial haystack...so I make do.

These boots did not come in wide-width, so if you have very wide feet, these may not work.

Necklace:  The Limited (Available here)
Bracelets: LOFT (Available here and here)
The faux leather tuxedo stripe, bold necklace, and glittery accents add to the rock-n-roll feel, while the tweed and soft pink color help strike a more conservative balance.

Are you a fan of booties or do you prefer another type of shoe/ boot?  Would you wear an outfit like this to work?


For this jacket in other looks, see here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Please post here. Remember, this is a forum for fun and fashion. Rude, vulgar, and offensive posts will be deleted. Thanks for your feedback!